Week 4 Hyperdoc Adventure

 

https://www.aoptech.org/michele-kiss.html

What in the Hyperdoc?!?!

There are many Web 2.0 tools available at the tip of our fingers. With so many out there, I am constantly learning from professors, peers, and colleagues about new online tools that I can use when planning lessons. However, this time around, I felt far from being smart. Hyperdocs have been in front of my nose this whole time, and I was unaware that they had a name or were a thing. Hyperdocs allow the teacher to provide students with an organized digital lesson plan that enables students to navigate through all of the content using web tools that empower the students to collaborate, engage, apply critical thinking and problem-solving skills, create, inquire, explain, and reflect. 
This past school year, I was exposed to hyperdocs more than ever, without even knowing it. Hyperdocs were provided for most of my virtual asynchronous professional developments. In fact, I embedded hyperdocs for my asynchronous students through the Canvas platform. However, I did not create them. They were shared with me by colleagues or from the online curriculum. They were very simple, nothing compared to what I have seen this week as I explored hyperdocs. 
I learned through different resources that creating a hyperdoc of your own is very straightforward and not that complicated. The great news is that there is no need to reinvent the wheel. There are many free hyperdocs or editable hyperdoc templates on the internet that give you the flexibility to modify to fit your needs and the needs of your students. I wish I would have known this as soon as Covid turned our schools into virtual learning. After all, hyperdocs are simple to follow because everything the student needs is accessed through one location, and hyperdocs can be used in any grade level and content area. 
School just started again, and I was shocked to learn that the approach to teaching math has changed. Now, we will have guided math, which will include 65 minutes of stations. Within those 65 minutes of stations, I will need to pull small groups. I will be using hyperdocs to create a digital space where my students can find everything they need to allow me to focus and work with small groups without being interrupted. I think that it will be beneficial for my students to have hyperdoc choice boards. 
This school year, we have no more virtual at-home learning. However, all students will continue to have an assigned Chromebook, and I know that going back to "normal" is not happening for me. In my class, using Web 2.0 tools is the new normal. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Week 1 Vanity Search

Week 5 Vanity Search Take 2