Week 5 Final Reflection
ETEC 527 has allowed me to be exposed to various Web 2.0 tools that my professor and peers have introduced. I have positively enjoyed exploring and evaluating different Web 2.0 tools. Not only do I have more tools under my belt to enhance my teaching and share with other colleagues, but what I found most important is having a set of criteria to evaluate the potential a Web tool has in the classroom. This course has given me new options of web tools that will keep my students engaged and allow for student creativity and collaboration in my 5th-grade math and science classes, but I can also continue to use the tools in the library.
As a future librarian and technology specialist, I look forward to collaborating with teachers and showing them how to properly integrate technology into their lessons to make them more student-centered. Web 2.0 tools such as Nearpod, Edpuzzle, Youtube, Padlett, Flipgrid, Gloster, Google Suite create opportunities for students not to be confined to the classroom walls. The world is at their fingertips, and they are given engaging opportunities to communicate, collaborate, create, inquire, and problem-solve. Web 2.0 tools allow the flexibility to tailor to the learning needs of each student and for them to demonstrate their learning in a way that appeals to them.
Unfortunately, as with everything else, there can be obstacles to some technology, so it is essential to evaluate it carefully. Some drawbacks could be the cost while keeping in mind that free is not necessarily better due to so many advertisements, not being user friendly for teachers and/or students, privacy and safety, and not having access to internet with good connectivity or signal.
Incorporating technology is far from easy, but I think that it will come to us more naturally with time and practice. This year, I commit to start the school year using some of the previously used tools in addition to Nearpod and Hyperdocs.
I fully pledge to advocate for technology on my campus and be a lifelong learner by remaining open to transforming my teaching practices as technology evolves from day to day.
Comments
Post a Comment